What is it?
This search provides applicant criminal history information located in Canada. The information may include: description of offense, year of conviction, location of offense, and penalty.
Please note: If the search comes back as 'incomplete' your applicant will need to go to their local police station to have their fingerprints taken in order to obtain a criminal record report. Your applicant will then need to provide the criminal record report to you. Verified First does not receive a copy of the results, so it is the candidate's responsibility to make sure the results get to you.
If you need the report updated after you've received the results from the applicant, you can provide a copy of the results to our Client Services team and we will update the report.
How does it work?
The Canada Criminal CPIC search checks records from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and returns available information on candidates from age 18 and up.
Depending on if the Applicant currently lives in Canada or previously lived in Canada will affect how the search is ordered.
- Use product Canada Criminal CPIC(Upload Forms) if your Applicant no longer resides in Canada.
- A paper authorization will need to be signed and returned to Verified First before we can process the search
- Use product Canada Criminal CPIC(Electronic Authorization) If Applicant currently resides in Canada
- Processing and needed authorizations are all handled securely and quickly online
- Please note: Since Verified First is a Consumer Reporting Agency located in the United States, 'standard' Disclosure and Authorization forms are still required to be obtained to run a CPIC.
- Please review iCertify statement on Direct Orders
- Please have your applicants expect to sign these D&A Forms during the Applicant Invite process
Who needs this search?
The Canada Criminal CPIC is the most likely search to identify if a candidate has a criminal history in Canada during the previous 7 years that would prevent an employer from moving forward with their employment.
Why run this search?
Individuals are most likely to commit a crime in the jurisdiction they currently, or formerly, live in. Running this search can identify criminal convictions in the areas they most likely occurred in for your candidate while in Canada.
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email ClientServices@VerifiedFirst.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.