Common Verbiage for Drug Screening
- Adulterants - Chemicals and or substances to clean out system or mask substances of abuse.
- Alcohol Technicians - Certified BAT collectors
- BATs - Breath Alcohol Test
- CCF/COC - Chain of Custody Forms
- Consortium - Random program consisting of multiple different companies and their employees in one large pool
- DER - Direct Employee Representative - Point of contact at clients company.
- Dilute - Low in creatinine levels and gravity (Specimen was “watered” down)
- ERO - Express Results Online. Instant drug test through Quest.
- Expired - Test was not taken within scheduled time frame.
- FAA - Federal Aviation Administration
- FMCSA - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- FRA - Federal Railroad Administration
- FTA - Federal Transit Administration
- MIS- DOT Management Information System. A summary report of all DS and alcohol numbers in a year
- MRO - Medical Review officer
- NDASA - National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association. Agency that oversees DS “compliance” Think of FCRA
- Non-Contact Positive - MRO was unable to contact donor to verify possible prescription
- Non-Negative - Potential Positive/Possible adulterant detected/out of range (temperature wise)
- PHMSA - Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration
- OCT - Instant Drug Test (Devices)
- Positive - Substance of abuse or Prescribed medicine being abused was detected and confirmed by MRO.
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Agency that ensures testing/labs meet federal standards
- SAP - Substance Abuse Professional - Third party company to assist individuals who tested positive to seek treatment to possibly return back to duty.
- Split specimen - Urine collection cup with two compartments if donor wants to ‘dispute’ test results. 2nd is sent to a 3rd party lab
- Synthetic Urine - Fake urine
- Supervisors - Person who has received training to detect possible Substance Abuse on the job site
- TPA - Third Party Administrators. VF is a TPA. Equivalent to a CRA for BG
- USCG - United States Coast Guard
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email ClientServices@VerifiedFirst.com