Q: What Form I9 related matters can Verified First assist with?
A: Assistance with ordering a Form I9, understanding how the Form I9 feature works within the background screening application, general assistance with Tracker I9 application integration.
Q: What Form I9 related matters can Verified First NOT assist with?
A: Verified First team members can’t provide advice for a specific candidates Form I9 paperwork as we don’t provide any legal advice or advice on how to respond to a specific applicant's application
Q: How do I order I-9s?
A: I9’s can be ordered via the Verified First application. Managing and viewing I-9 reports will be handled in Tracker’s system. See articles for various order processes
Q: What do I do if I am having issues logging into the Tracker application
- Confirm correct User Name and Email
- Use ‘forgot username or password’ link and follow the prompts
- Enage VF CS Support for further assistance if issues persist
Q: What if I do not have adequate resources to complete my tasks inside of Tracker’s system
A: Engage VF Support and have them review your current permissions.
- Be sure to detail what feature you are not able to use to see if it’s a permissions issue
- If you are not seeing a specific worksite/location, provide the name of said worksite
- Ask to double check your view/edit permissions
Q: What if I am not able to take E-Verify steps?
A: Engage VF Support. They will review the following items for troubleshooting
- Is the account setup for E-Verify?
- Is the user set with the correct Security Role
- Has the user completed the E-Verify Training and Quiz in Tracker
Q: How do I Resend or edit the Section 1 and/or 2 email address?
A: Log into Tracker → select search and find Employee in question → select ‘settings/hamburger’ icon to open Administrative Options. Select the appropriate option for an Employee or Representative to resend email. The same steps can be followed to just resend the Section 1 email if employee claims never received
Q: I have an E-Verify account already, Can this one be used with Tracker?
A: No, a new E-Verify account is created and linked to Tracker. This is not an issue with eVerify, but a requirement from Tracker
Q: I already have an E-Verify account, do I have to do the training and quiz again?
A: Yes, since a new eVerify account is set up with Tracker, you will have to take the training and quiz again.
Q: New hire made a mistake in the section 1 process. How can this be corrected?
A: To have section 1 amended by the new hire, you will need to log into Tracker.
- In Tracker, you will go to the new hire’s profile. When in the profile, off to the right hand side of the page you will see 3 lines, please click this and choose "REMOTE SECTION 1 AMENDMENT".
- This will bring up an email box where you will need to change the line that says "[ENTER DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS TO EMPLOYEE EXPLAINING THE REQUIRED CHANGES AND DELETE THIS TEXT]" to Please add your Alien Registration Number or USCIS Number.
- Once this line has been changed, click submit and it will send the amendment email back over to the new hire for correction.
Q: What are Tracker’s E-Verify order options?:
- Off - Not enable
- On - Auto create E-Verify case once I-9 has completed
- On - Manually create E-Verify case once I-9 has completed
Q: For Rehires, it it best to do a re-verification or start a New I-9
A. Verified First can not provide legal advice in how to manage your Employees, but please use USCIS’ site for how to manage rehires or engage your legal council
Q: What can I expect after I purge an I-9 record
A: That record will no longer be viewable or accessible through Tracker’s system. It will not pull up on a report or search bar
Q: If we used a remote I9, how do I complete section 2 of the I9 if I wasn’t the one to view the documents in person?
A: As long as the necessary permissions are enabled, you can go in and ‘push’ the I-9 to complete
Pull up profile of new employee and simply follow the prompts to ‘Complete I-9’
Q. If my company is 100% remote, what do I use as my worksite
A. You should use your designated office address where any legal documents would be sent to. If you do not have or know this information, please consult your legal counsel for what address would make the most sense for your office address
Q. Why can I not select “Send Invite” from the VF Application to place an i9 order
A. Users need to select the Worksite, Start Date for new hire and the representative to complete the Section 2 review.
When the User is done filling out this information, an email is sent to the new Employee, similar to our App Invite email, to complete Section 1
Q. Can I add an I-9 to an existing order?
A: No. I-9 products will only be placed by themselves. This was built to ensure the I-9 policy is followed that only the I-9s are ordered after the position has been offered to the Employee
Q. How do I use Section 3 and what do I need it for?
A: Please refer to Tracker’s User manual for how difference scenarios are used
Q. How/where do I pull reports for I-9s?
A: The Verified First Application is a one place to see I-9s that have been ordered/initiated
For greater details about the I-9s that have been ordered, next actions needed, I-9 details, please use the Custom Reporting option in Tracker’s system
- Link to Tracker I-9 User Manual - Use and share this tool to help with various Tracker Related questions
- Link to I-9 and E-Verify resources
The information and opinions expressed are for educational purposes only and are based
on current practice, industry related knowledge and business expertise. The information
provided shall not be construed as legal advice, express or implied.
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org