Note: Verified First is unable to provide guidance or legal advice on a specific employee situation or question. Please reference this page for various resources
Placing a Remote Form I-9 to a Network Alliance Order via the Verified First Portal
- Employee: The person that has been hired. Note: the term used here is not applicant because the Form I-9 functionality is post-employment.
- Worksite: A physical location where the employee is assigned to work.
- Tracker User Account: This is an account that an HR User can utilize to log into the Tracker I-9 system and see updates/status of the employee's I-9 submission.
- Network Alliance: Physical location where your employees can go to complete and Verify their documents for Section 2
Client Setup - Onboarding and Account Linking
A Verified First employee will set up your I-9 account in the VF portal so that it links to the Tracker I-9 portal and will contain all the values needed to submit I-9 orders.
Client Services or your Account Manager will need the following information:
- Worksite - At least one Worksite must be provided to set up the account:
- Worksite name
- Street Address
- HR User Email
Order Remote I-9 - Network Alliance
Let's take a look at how to create an I-9 order:
After your I-9 account has been established by a VF employee and the I-9 product has been enabled on your account, you will log in to the portal and click Order in the top left corner:
Enter the employee (candidate) contact information at the top and select file orderer, subscribers, etc. (as applicable):
Note: An I-9 order can only contain the one I-9 product and must be run as a separate order from other background screens you need to run. If other products are selected, you will receive an error message banner on the screen:
Remove the extra product(s) previously selected and proceed with your order by clicking Next.
- Clicking Send Invite is not available for form I-9 and will present you with a warning message).
- Worksites: This is the worksite that was configured when the VF employee initially linked the account to the form I-9 vendor site. To add a new worksite, you must login to the I-9 vendor's website and add it.
- Start Date: This is the day that the employee will start their work.
Lastly, click Submit Order:
You will then be returned to the file view for your order:
The Section 1 email will be sent to the employee to complete along with instructions on what to expect to complete the scheduling to a Network Alliance location to complete Section 2:
Once the Employee has completed Section 1, they will be presented a scheduling page for the Network Alliance location. The scheduling page is similar to most event scheduling events:
- Enter address/zip code
- Enter desired time frame to go in
- Select Search
- Find location that's most desirable
- Select 'View Times' for specific time slots and book event
For other questions regarding I-9 processing, etc., please refer to the contact list at the top of this article.
The information and opinions expressed are for educational purposes only and are based
on current practice, industry related knowledge and business expertise. The information
provided shall not be construed as legal advice, express or implied.
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org