Note: Verified First is unable to provide guidance or legal advice on a specific employee situation or question.
Here are some resources that may be able to assist you if your question is not specific to placing an order in the Verified First portal:
- U.S. Citizenship and and Immigration Services - https://www.uscis.gov/i-9
- Tracker I-9 Manual - https://wwwcdn.i9complete.com/manual/
- E-Verify - https://www.e-verify.gov/
- E-Verify Employer Resources - https://www.e-verify.gov/employers/employer-resources
Placing an Onsite Form I-9 Order via the Verified First Portal
- Employee: The person that has been hired. Note: the term used here is not applicant because the Form I9 functionality is post-employment.
- Worksite: A physical location where the employee is assigned to work.
- Tracker User Account: This is an account that an HR User can utilize to log into the Tracker I9 system and see updates/status of the employee's I9 submission.
Client Setup - Onboarding and Account Linking
A Verified First employee will set up your I9 account in the VF portal so that it links to the Tracker I9 portal and will contain all the values needed to submit I9 orders.
Client Services or your Account Manager will need the following information:
- Worksite - At least one Worksite must be provided to set up the account:
- Worksite name
- Street Address
- HR User Email
Order Remote I9
Let's take a look at how to create an I9 order:
After your I9 account has been established by a VF employee and the I9 product has been enabled on your account, you will log in to the portal and click Order in the top left corner:
Enter the employee (candidate) contact information at the top and select file orderer, subscribers, etc. (as applicable):
Note: An I9 order can only contain the one I9 product and must be run as a separate order from other background screens you need to run. If other products are selected, you will receive an error message banner on the screen:
Remove the extra product(s) previously selected and proceed with your order by clicking Next. (note: clicking Send Invite is not available for form I9 and will present you with a warning message). You will then enter the applicant information on step 2 of the ordering process (just as if you were placing a regular background screen order) and the click Next:
Enter the Form I-9 (Onsite) fields of Section 2 Representative Email, select the worksite for that employee from the drop-down, and enter the start date for the employee:
- Section 2 Representative Email: Section 2 of the Form I9 is the “Employer Review and Attestation”. The Section 2 Representative Email must be an employer OR an authorized representative. This individual will receive an email from the vendor to complete Section 2.
- Worksites: This is the worksite that was configured when the VF employee initially linked the account to the form I9 vendor site. To add a new worksite, you must login to the I9 vendor's website and add it.
- Start Date: This is the day that the employee will start their work.
Click Next to be taken to the order summary page. Review the necessary information, and check the box to certify that you understand and are complying with the legal requirements of running a background screen with Verified First, in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Lastly, click Submit Order:
You will then be presented with the Tracker I-9 website so you can allow your employee to sit at your computer and finish entering the information required for the I-9 to be processed:
After the employee has entered all their information on the screen, they will click to "Sign Form I-9 Electronically:"
A modal window will be displayed:
Clicking "Yes" will submit the file to the Tracker system:
The Section 2 email will then be sent to the representative email address that was entered in the ordering process, so the representative can verify the information as requested:
If you have further questions on placing an Onsite Form I-9 order via the Verified First portal, please contact Client Services for assistance:
Call 844-709-2708 or email ClientServices@VerifiedFirst.com
For other questions regarding I-9 processing, etc., please refer to the contact list at the top of this article.