Note: Verified First is unable to provide guidance or legal advice on a specific employee situation or question. Please reference this page for various resources
Placing an Historical I-9 Order via the Verified First Portal
- Employee: The person that has been hired. Note: the term used here is not applicant because the Form I9 functionality is post-employment.
- Worksite: A physical location where the employee is assigned to work.
- Tracker User Account: This is an account that an HR User can utilize to log into the Tracker I9 system and see updates/status of the employee's I9 submission.
Client Setup - Onboarding and Account Linking
A Verified First employee will set up your I9 account in the VF portal so that it links to the Tracker I9 portal and will contain all the values needed to submit I9 orders.
Client Services or your Account Manager will need the following information:
- Worksite - At least one Worksite must be provided to set up the account:
- Worksite name
- Street Address
- HR User Email
Order Historical I9
Let's take a look at how to create an I9 order:
After your I9 account has been established by a VF employee and the I9 product has been enabled on your account, you will log in to the portal and click Order in the top left corner:
Enter the employee (candidate) contact information at the top and select file orderer, subscribers, etc. (as applicable):
Note: An I9 order can only contain the one I9 product and must be run as a separate order from other background screens you need to run. If other products are selected, you will receive an error message banner on the screen:
Remove the extra product(s) previously selected and proceed with your order by clicking Next. (note: clicking Send Invite is not available for form I9 and will present you with a warning message). You will then enter the applicant information on step 2 of the ordering process (just as if you were placing a regular background screen order) and the click Next:
Enter the Form I-9 (Historical) fields and version Form of the original I-9(should be found on bottom of Paper/PDF copy), select the worksite for that employee from the drop-down, and enter the original start date for the employee:
- Worksites: This is the worksite that was configured when the VF employee initially linked the account to the form I9 vendor site. To add a new worksite, you must login to the I9 vendor's website and add it.
- Start Date: This is the day that the employee started their work.
Click Submit Order to be taken to Tracker System to finalize entering the original I-9 information. Once logged into Tracker, start filling in the Section 1, 2 and 3 as originally completed. Please note, depending on the version of the Form, the workflow will vary. Please use and follow the Tracker system to guide you to completion of the I-9 record.
The information and opinions expressed are for educational purposes only and are based
on current practice, industry related knowledge and business expertise. The information
provided shall not be construed as legal advice, express or implied.
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org