It is possible to automate orders with the Verified First Salesforce Application. There is a pre-built Apex class that comes with the package installation.
Note: Automation is not required to run a background check within Salesforce.
Setup for Automation will be set up, managed and supported by the client's salesforce administration team. Verified First does not have access to the clients Salesforce org to aid, assist or troubleshoot the automation set up.
Be advised: This step (located at the attached article) is recommended before continuing with automating ordering!
- Navigate to the "Verified First Setup" tab and scroll down to the "Automation" step.
Here, you'll list the defaults of your automated orders. The Verified First Salesforce Application will need to know what order method (Invite or Instant) to use, as well as the default account, the preferred Package and File Owner. Click "Save" when complete.
Keep in mind that Instant Orders will need all Required Fields to be pre-populated utilizing Field Mapping. We strongly recommend using the Invite option for this automation, as it leaves less of a chance for user error.
2. Open your "Salesforce Setup" page and open the Process Builder.
3. Create a new Process and title it something that conveys it's connected to background screenings.
4. Clarify the object (candidate) you intend to screen, and when you want the process to start.
5. Now set criteria. An example would be to have a checkbox field on your object that says "Initiate Background Check". So the criteria would read "If Contact.Initiate_Background_Check__c =True". Be sure to check the box under "Advanced" if applicable so that other actions on your record don't initiate a Background Check unintentionally.
6. Create your action. Start by clicking "Add Action" and title it something clearly connected to background screenings. Select the "vfirst__SearchObjectWhenCreate" Apex class. Next, designate the fields to reference your record ID and the Job State as these are required.
7. Set an action to undo the action that fell under your criteria to initiate the background check so that a continuous loop doesn't accidentally get created.
8. Don't forget to activate your new Process. Please keep in mind that you will be responsible for payment for all screens ordered, regardless if they were accidentally ordered via an incorrectly configured Process. Verified First is not responsible for any unintentional screens. It is your responsibility to ensure you have configured your Process to close, and not continuously run screens. If you are uncomfortable with this form of automation, we recommend that you consult a certified Salesforce Administrator to perform this configuration.
If you have any further questions, or need a product enabled on your account,
please contact Verified First Client Services for assistance.
Call 844-709-2708 or email ClientServices@VerifiedFirst.com